Tuesday, January 24, 2006

celebrate life

I know that I have just an entirely too positive outlook on life, but that's how I like it. I discovered that I had breast cancer in October 2004. I had a mastectomy, followed by adjuvant chemotherapy with Adriamycin and Cytoxan, then 12 weeks of Taxol. It was not fun, but I'm here, alive and enjoying my life. We all make our choices ~ whether to have surgery, which procedure, whether to have chemotherapy. Your physicians can make recommendations, but then it is each person's responsibility to decide what their choice will be. We make our choices and we live with them. Sometimes things turn out like you want, and sometimes they don't. I think what shows your character is how you deal with it either way. So, if anyone is reading this, thank God you are alive, hug your husband or wife, and your kids and ~ Celebrate Life ~

No comments: