Sunday, June 08, 2008

National Cancer Survivors Celebration 2008


The first Sunday in June is National Cancer Survivors Day and is celebrated across the nation. They go around the room and each survivor has the opportunity to give their name and tell how many years that they have been a survivor - last year one woman had just been diagnosed a couple of days prior to the event. I have posted a photo from that day for 2006 and 2007. This picture is from this year's event and is of me and another cancer survivor whom I have come to know in support group over the past several years and his granddaughter whom I have seen grow up before my eyes from a child into a young woman. John always strives to appreciate life and those around him. We all need to appreciate and thank God for whatever time we have on this earth to share with family, friends and all those we can connect with.

~ Bye for now.

No comments: