Monday, August 04, 2008

I love Crate and Barrel

I am a book person. I needed another bookcase and I wanted one that would fit underneath a large worktable that I have. I ordered the 44" Kendell bookcase from Crate and Barrel. When it came, I was determined to put it together myself. I laid out all the pieces on the carpet. At the end, the back was 1" too long. I was convinced I had followed the directions. I even called customer service. The man was very nice. He even pointed out that one reason they recommend that two people put it together is that sometimes it takes two sets of eyes. At any rate, I unscrewed all the bolts, and I had somehow transposed the right and left ends. Eventually, I got it together, and moved into the room I wanted it in. I felt such a sense of accomplishment.
~ Bye for now

No comments: