Monday, September 29, 2008

Women's Fun Shoot




On September 6th, I took part in the Women's Fun Shoot. I can't believe I did it. I had never handled a gun before. I went with some women from my previous job. We had a blast. It was held at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and there were so many volunteers, it was amazing. We shot and four different ranges, many different kinds of rifles, shotguns, revolvers and pistols. We had safety education, eye and ear protection and individual hands on instruction. I can't say enough good things about the volunteers. And, I can't believe that I hit the target so many times. I have photos of my back at the range where we were shooting at the clay pigeons and the range where I was shooting an old fashioned pistol.
The following Saturday, I took part in a Women's Self Defense class at the PACER center near Baptist Hospital. It was very empowering. I am trying to get way out of my comfort zone.

No comments: