Sunday, February 01, 2009

Be careful when you walk on ice




On Monday, January 26, 2009, we awoke to sleet that lasted all day, followed by a mixture of sleet and tiny snow drops which continued through the next day. I describe it that way because it was more of a mixture of tiny sleet and frozen raindrops than real snow. I had a dentist appointment at 2 pm Monday. Since Oklahomans don't know how to drive on snow or ice, I surmised that the news crews were overreacting, and headed out of my apartment to my car. I made it down the wooden steps safely, as they are covered. But after about four steps onto the sidewalk, I did the splits. Of course, I can't do the splits completely, so about halfway down, I leaned and fell onto my right side. It was actually a rather funny sight. After a few minutes, I slowly picked myself up, and made it to the asphalt parking lot. After about ten steps this time, I fell again. As I was looking up to the sky, I made a wise decision that I would crawl back to my apartment and reschedule the dentist's appointment. :o)

No comments: