Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Providence


I have had a number of times in my life that the Providence of God was evident. One of the most recent times was on August 10, 2009. I had borrowed a car and driven to Chattanooga, Tennessee for a job interview. [The car belonged to my parents and they had purchased it new in April.] I-24 through the mountains just west of Chattanooga has many curves and hills and heavy truck traffic. There are even "runaway truck" lanes that go up the mountain when the interstate is going down, in case a truck loses its brakes. As I was traveling back from the interview, in heavy traffic with 3 lanes in each direction, I came across a large piece of a truck tire in the road. There was no way to avoid it, so I went over it, as did other cars. Large pieces of truck tire were flying through the air. I thought the tire pieces were going to go through my windshield, but luckily the pieces hit the underneath part of the car, and only messed up the grill, and resulted in numerous dings in the bumper, grill and part of the front hood. There was no where to stop at the time, so I kept going. I am grateful that I was not hurt, and the damage to the car was minimal.

No comments: