Friday, January 29, 2010

Ice and Snow



January 29, 2010
Yesterday morning the rain turned to sleet and eventually to snow. Luckily the wind was not as bad as it was during the last snow on Christmas eve. This one however, was primarily ice initially so that when the snow started, it was on top of the ice. Today it is just a light snow. When I went outside my door to take a few photos, the snow made a distinct crunching sound of the ice underneath. It is not worth it to me to venture more than a few steps to take photos. I am definitely not trying to dig my car out from under the blanket of snow and ice. The news crews are showing downed power lines across the interstate. Luckily, I received a phone call and did not have to go to work the last two days. There are many people without power, so I am grateful that I still have power, at least for the time being.
One of the photos is from yesterday, a composite showing snow in front of my door, in order to show the change over two hours.
I have been trying to learn new things in photoshop. I have an older version, so I have to work around some of the instructions that are given online. It took me forever, but I was finally able to make an overlay. I set my camera on a slow speed in order to attempt to capture some of the snowflakes as they were falling. Then I put the overlay I had made (thanks to the instruction video on karenika's blog), and added a sentiment.
Thanks for looking.
Off to enjoy more of the gift of today.

No comments: