Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Crystal Springs Camp

This photo was taken in September 2006 at Crystal Springs Camp in Tennessee. I was thrilled to be able to visit, as I used to go to camp there as a child, and I had not been able to visit the campgrounds in about 40 years. I had someone take a photo of me in front of one of the cabins, and I have an old photo of me in front of the cabin from about 45 years earlier. I still remember that my grandfather had taken me to camp one year when I was a little too young to attend. He went behind closed doors with those in charge to discuss whether they would allow me to stay. When they came out, he announced that I could stay for the week. But in exchange for allowing me to stay, he had to stay as well and run the camp. We both stayed the week and I thought it was wonderful. On the mess hall (now known as the dining hall) there is a plaque in honor of my grandfather. June 2007

No comments: