Monday, June 11, 2007

Musings


This photo was taken in September 2006 in Tennessee, at the Falls Mill grist mill. It is still a working grist mill. I have such fond memories of Falls Mill as my grandfather (who died in 1993 at age 90) used to take me there every summer when I was little and we would walk all over the grounds. I altered the photo on photoshop, and then wrote text on it, for a notebook for a class I took called How to Write Your Life Story (oddly enough). It was such an interesting class, primarily because all the people in it had led such normal and yet such extraordinarily interesting lives, when you took the time to listen to their stories. From that experience, I wrote an ethical will, and became more introspective. Previously, I had worked to the exclusion of all else, or at least so it seemed to me. June 2007

No comments: