Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Metal Working




Just had to show off the Nature Metal Art Journal I made at My Hearts Fancy in Okahoma City last week. It was the first time I had ever done any metal working. It was alot of work, but I am so happy with it. We stamped on the front, then etched with metal working stylus, hand wrote/etched the poem, did alcohol and other (can't remember) inking, then rubbed Brilliance black ink into the depressed etched areas, then rubbed it off. On the paper, there are some alcohol inks, some rainbow inks and I don't know what else. On the back, we stamped the bird stamp, then etched it with the metal stylus tool, then I hand drew the branches and leaves and doodles and alcohol inked and rubbed in Brilliance black ink like on the front. All I can say is that the pictures don't do it justice. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

danahollis said...

Hi Sharon! Just stopping by to say hello and admire your creations! Love that journal. It's just gorgeous!

Hope you have a fabulous day!

Hugs,
Dana

Melissa said...

That looks awesome!!

-Melissa (JustScrappy)