Saturday, September 15, 2007

a sweet story

I don't have a photo to go with this post. It is just a sweet story. I started volunteering for AWANA this year and the first evening was this past Wednesday. For anyone who is not familiar with AWANA, it is a program at churches for children, where they learn to hide God's Word in their hearts. I have been assigned to four first grade girls for the year. They try to match up leaders with only 3 or 4 children so that the children can have one on one attention and you really get to know them. They are so precious. At the end of the evening, the parents come in and we give the kiddos back to their parents. One little girl's mother and the little girl came back to see me a few minutes later. The mom told me she wanted to visit with me and meet me because her little girl had told her that she loved her new teacher, but she didn't remember my name, so she brought her mom back to meet me. And I got a hug! ~Bye for now.

No comments: