Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Easter

  I thought I would share a photo of the pond at Crystal Springs Church Camp in Lincoln County, Tennessee that I used to go to as a child.  It is a Cumberland Presbyterian Church Camp and my grandfather, Robert H. Hall, was a country preacher.  When I was little, we would spend a month in Tennessee every summer, and I was his shadow.  I loved my grandpa.  He even got them to let me stay at the camp for the first time when I was a year under the age limit.  He went into a room to talk to the people in charge.  He came out of the room and said the verdit was that I could stay, and he had agreed to stay as well and run the camp.  What a grandpa!  I had a blast.

  But, this was supposed to be a post about Easter.  I am grateful for Easter.  If it were not for Good Friday and the work of our Savior on the Cross and the Resurrection, Christmas would not matter.  So, I am grateful for Easter.  I am also grateful that I woke up this morning. And that I have the energy to write on this blog.   I am trying to remember to be grateful for the everyday ordinary things that I tend to take for grated. 

  How about you, what are you grateful for?

No comments: