Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Good Memories



These are two of my favorite photos from many (about 20) years ago. Happy times. My son is the joy, the sunshine in my life. I am so proud of him. He is about to graduate from OU and make his own way in the world. Well, I can't figure out why the top photo is so small. And I can't seem to get it to let me delete it. Hm mm.
Transitions are difficult for me. I am in a new season of my life. Empty nest. Death of dreams of what this time of my life would be like. Realizing that some things are just completely out of my control. You can't control what anyone else does, even when, or perhaps especially when, it's someone you love. Finally facing reality, and deciding to stop living in a fantasy world, although I really didn't want to face the uncomfortable reality, for it was so much easier to live in denial, even though it wasn't healthy. It was easier living in that world of make believe. Roles and dreams are devastating to give up, although necessary at times. Dark, and painful.

No comments: