Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stacey Kent at the UCO Jazz Lab


Ah, Saturday night in the big town, as Gary England likes to say. Last night, I had a wonderful dinner with a friend at 501 Cafe, and then we went to see Stacey Kent at the UCO Jazz Lab. The place was sold out, but it is so small and intimate, that all the seats are good. One couple at our table had driven here from Memphis to see her. The show was well worth it. If you are not familiar with Stacey Kent, check out here website. Her husband, Jim Tomlinson, plays the sax and composed some of the songs. She had a wonderful band. I particularly loved her interpretation of Stevie Nicks song "Landslide" - funny thing is, I had always thought the title of the song was "Changes" ;o) Stacey Kent and her husband were both very gracious and signed autographs after the show. I forgot my camera in the car.
But I did take a photo of myself later.
~ Bye for now.

No comments: